History Behind the Room
Dr. William Ringgold was the son of Major William Ringgold of Committee of Correspondence fame. He was married to Martha Hynson and died sometime between 1817-1822.
Both Dr. and Major Ringgold were prominent men of means in Kent County. At one time Dr. Ringgold owned a part of what became the Mitchell plantation.
One of the deeds from the B&B refers to "The Ringgold Graveyard" and that graveyard was not conveyed in the transfer. Unfortunately, no one has been able to locate the graveyard on the property, so we are not sure who exactly is buried there.